McAfee Parental Controls – Along with world-class antivirus protection, McAfee also provides McAfee Parental Controls services. The user can customize these settings according to his needs. To know more about these features read this article.
Features of McAfee Parental Controls
- Age appropriate website filtering: Allow only those content on a device that you think is appropriate for your children. Also, change the privacy settings of your device at your convenience.
- Safe Searching: Make sure when your children use the computer, they stay safe from malicious content that can inappropriate for them.
- Online Schedule: Manage and control a number of hours your kids spend online.
- Filter List: You can also block and allow certain websites and URLs.
- Password Protection Settings: Generate password using the McAfee Parental Control and keep the things you protected under password so that you can access them later.
Set up McAfee Parental Controls
Before you start with McAfee parental control, make sure you have an active subscription. Create an Administrator Password on your Windows device because this will help you customize the parental control. To set the Administrator Password, begin by following these steps.
- Open your McAfee Security product on the device.
- Go to the McAfee Parental Controls on the Application or click on the McAfee Parental Controls link.
- Click on the Administrator Password to generate a new one. Click Set.
- Enter a password of your choice and verify it. Make sure your password is strong and unique.
- In next step, create a password hint. This will help you in future if you forget your password.
- After all the settings, Click OK.
Now you are all set to try the Parental Control on your device. You can set up protection for specific child user accounts.
- Click Protect button next to the account you wish to change.
- Select the age range according to your kid’s age:
- Under 5 years
- 6 – 8 years
- 9 – 12 years
- 13 – 15 years
- 16 – 18 years
- Click on Optional Settings. By default, your settings are “Block websites that contain potentially inappropriate images or language from appearing in your user’s search results”. You can change it or customize the settings.
- Click Online Schedule, this will help you allow or block specific URLs.
- Select I want to choose when my child can go online.
- In the green portion, you can choose the hours you allow to go online.
- In the white portion, set the time you want the device remains inaccessible to kids.
Now you are all set with McAfee Parental Controls. Try other options and customize settings of the McAfee security and settle with one that fits you.
For any assistance, contact our customer support team. Our services are 24*7 available. Call Now.
Follow this link for more information McAfee.com/activate
Do like our McAfee.com/Activate Facebook page.