McAfee Update Failure Fix – McAfee is a security tool and it requires to be up-to-date, in order to provide the better protection and keep you safe from the viruses. You will get the notification from the McAfee as soon as the latest update is available for your McAfee product. But sometimes the updates fail to install due to poor internet connection or damaged registry entries.
You can get the following error messages like:
- McAfee checking for updates stuck
- McAfee error while installing updates Mac.
- The McAfee installing updates stuck
- Why McAfee updates not installing
- McAfee cannot update your software.
- McAfee update security not working
- The McAfee update error Mac
All of the above-mentioned error messages are same and can be seen while updating the McAfee software. If the update failed then you may try performing some troubleshooting steps to McAfee update failure fix.
Methods of McAfee update failure fix:
Method 1 – Try using McAfee Virtual Technician tool:
- In order to download the McAfee Virtual Technician tool, visit service.mcafee.com.
- Select Troubleshoot and Repair and then click Download and Run to download the mvt.exe setup.
- Now double click on the mvt.exe file to run the installation setup.
- Click yes, to allow the permission to the program to make changes to the system.
- Now follow the instructions displaying on the screen and then wait to install and update.
- MVT will now start scanning the system, if MVt found any error then select AutoFix, to remove the error.
- If there are no errors then restart your system and try reinstalling the updates.
- You need to contact McAfee Support if MVT doesn’t resolve the issue.
Method 2 – Copy and paste the Registry Command:
- First, you need to click start and then open Run dialog box.
- Now type “Regsvr32/u C:\Progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcsubmgr\<returned value>\mcsubmgr.dll” in the search box and press enter.
- Type “Regsvr32 C:\Progra~1\McAfee\MSC\mcsubmgr\<returned value>\mcsubmgr.dll” again and press enter.
- Now close the command prompt and then Right click on the M icon to start the McAfee.
- You need to click Check for updates and then follow the instructions.
Method 3 – Configure Network Connections:
- First of all, you need to open the command prompt in order to ping the global IP address.
- Click start and then type command in the search box and hit enter.
- Now type ping www.google.com and wait for the result.
- If you receive the results from the ping then change LAN settings.
- Right-click on the WiFi icon and then select open Network and sharing center.
- Click your Network connections and then click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol or IPV4 and then click properties again.
- Now select Obtain IP address automatically and click Ok.
- Now you need to open Internet options, go to connections tab and then click LAN settings.
- Tick the checkbox in front of Automatically Detect Settings and then click Ok.
After following the above steps, you will be able to resolve McAfee update failure fix. If you are still facing the issue then contact McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate for the further help.