McAfee Security Scan Plus not working – McAfee Security Scan Plus is a diagnostic tool which helps you to analyze and enhance the performance of the system. This tool can be downloaded for free from the link mcafee.com/activate online. McAfee Security Scan Plus protects you from the online or offline threats by keeping your antivirus, firewall and other software up-to-date.
McAfee Security Scan Plus not working
The interface of McAfee Security Scan Plus is very simple and user-friendly but you may face some issues while using the McAfee product like McAfee Security Plus not working etc. These issues can be resolved by repairing the Windows registry or by uninstalling and reinstalling the McAfee software on your system.
Common errors related to McAfee Security Scan Plus:
- Why McAfee Security Scan Plus won’t uninstall?
- Where to get McAfee Security Scan Plus removal tool?
- McAfee Security Scan Plus won’t uninstall Windows 10.
- Failed McAfee Security Scan Plus removal tool download.
- Uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus command line.
- McAfee Security Scan Plus error launching installer fails.
All of the aforementioned issues are resolvable, you can try following some basic troubleshooting steps to resolve these errors at home. In case you find it difficult to perform the troubleshooting steps then you may contact McAfee Support for the assistance or visit mcafee.com/activate. Here we are going to describe the step-by-step procedure which helps you resolve the issue.
Steps to fix issue McAfee Security Scan Plus not working:
Run McAfee Consumer Product Removal (MCPR) Tool:
- First, you need to download the MCPR tool from the manufacturer website.
- Now click Save file or run to save the file on your system, according to your web browser.
- Open the downloads folder, search for the downloaded file and then double-click to run the MCPR installation setup.
- Now click Agree to accept the Software license agreement and then follow the instructions to finish the process.
- Click scan and then select restart, in order to restart your device after the successful installation of the MCPR tool.
- If the installation is interrupted then restart your device, and try to install the MCPR tool again.
- In case of successful installation, start scanning your PC and then restart the device again.
Repair Windows Registry Entries:
- Open the Run dialog box, type “regedit” in the search box and then press enter.
- From the registry editor, select the registry key related to McAfee error for the backup.
- Now select Export from the File menu and then select the folder for the backup from the SaveIn list.
- In the FileName box, you need to type the name of the backup file along with the .reg extension.
- Now click save and you are done the backup file is saved on the system.
Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee Security Scan Plus:
- Click on the start button and then select Control Panel from the menu, in case of Windows 7 or below.
- If you are using Windows 8 or above then you need to right click on the start button to access the Control Panel.
- After Control Panel, select Program & Features and then select Uninstall a program.
- Now select the product which you want to remove from the list and then click Uninstall.
- Wait until the uninstallation is finished and then restart your device.
- First, you need to download the McAfee Security Scan Plus from the link mcafee.com/download.
- After successful download, double-click on the downloaded file to run the installation setup.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and then click Agree to accept the software license agreement.
- Now enter the McAfee product key again, if required and then wait to complete the installation process.
- After successful installation, check for the latest updates for the McAfee Security Scan Plus.
In order to resolve the issue McAfee Security scan Plus not working, you need to follow either of the above-mentioned processes. In case you find any difficulties then feel free to contact McAfee Support for the help or visit us at mcafee.com/activate. One of our executives will help you find the correct solution for your McAfee related issue.