McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 install error 1920: While installing the McAfee VSE 8.8, you may face some errors like McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 install error 1920. You can resolve the error 1920 by modifying the Windows registry entries manually. Here we are going to discuss the McAfee VSE installation issues and their resolutions.
The McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 install error 1920, may occur due to disabled McAfee validation trust protection service.
Steps to fix McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 install error 1920:
Modify Windows Registry Entries:
For Windows 8 or above:
- First, you need to right click on the start button to open the Run dialog box and then type “regedit” in the search box.
- Click Ok or press enter and then search for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ and then double-click to open.
- Now select subkey MFEVTP from the left panel and then right click on the start button from the right panel.
- Now you need to select modify option and then in the Value Data Field, set the value as 2.
- Click Ok and then restart your system after closing the registry editor.
For Windows 7 or Below:
- Press the R key while holding the Windows key, to open the run dialog box.
- Type “regedit” in the search box and then click Ok, which will open the registry editor.
- Search and click on the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
- Now click on the subkey MFEVTP by scrolling down in the left panel and then from the right panel select Start.
- Click Modify, set the Value to 2 in the Value Data Field and then click Ok.
- Close the registry editor and then restart your device to save the changes you have made.
After updating or modifying the Windows registry entries, you can try to install the McAfee VSE again on your system. In case you require any assistance in the process then you can directly contact McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/support.
McAfee VSE FAQs:
- What is McAfee Error 1920?
- Why am I getting McAfee VirusScan Enterprise error 1920 during the installation?
- Error 1920 service McAfee framework failed to start to verify that you have.
- Why does Error 1920 McAfee framework service (McAfee Framework) fail to start?
- Why my system cannot start McAfee framework service?
All of the above-mentioned questions can be answered by our technical experts. In order to get the answer, you need to visit mcafee.com/activate or contact McAfee Support for the 24/7 assistance and help.